Health Department is one of the largest Department of the District serving its population right at their door steps through an elaborate system of field workers, primary, secondary & tertiary level care facilities. The Health Department at district level is performing primary & secondary level care facilities. The tertiary level care, undergraduate & post graduate medical education is being provided by Nishtar Medical College & Hospital, which is an autonomous medical institution. The Multan Institute of Cardiology and Children Hospital Complex are specialized autonomous Hospitals. The Health Department at District levelis headed by Executive District Officer (Health)
Multan with District Officer Health (Headquarter), District Officer (Health) Multan and one Deputy District Officer (Health) at Tehsil level. One Medical Superintendent each is responsible for DHQ/Civil Hospital Multan, THQ Hospital Shujabad and THQ Hospital Jalalpur Pirwala.
Under new District set up, the following health formations were placed under the administrative control of Executive District Officer (Health) Multan:
1. District Officer Health-I Multan
2. Medical Superintendent, DHQ/Civil Hospital Multan
3. District Officer Health-II Multan
4. District Officer Health-III Multan
5. District Blood Transfusion Officer Multan.
- To improve the health status of the community by addressing its health needs through Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative Services
- Reduction of Morbidity and Mortali
- Thus reduction in financial burden
- Thus reduction in poverty
- Community Participation and satisfaction
Vision of Health Deparmtent
The Health Department visualized its future “as disease free health society, with improved health status of district population”
Mission of Health Department
The Health Department is committed to improve the health status by provision of primary and secondary health care services in a cost effective, efficient and responsive manner to have sustainable universally accepted health standards.The Health Department desires to be recognized as responsible and responsive to people needs by providing affordable standardized health services. The Department will remain flexible as learning organization, capable of remaining constantly relevant to public needs.